Obsolescence Obsolescence

Appreciate the attempt at making something different but you should have brushed up on SHMUPs before attempting to make one. Aside from the presence of bullets, this game lacks many of the important mechanics that make SHMUPs what they are: proper hitboxes and invincibility frames, for example.

Hot Ninja Moon Moon Hot Ninja Moon Moon

The jumping is strange, the hitboxes are strange, the physics are strange (single jump and double jump have vastly different trajectories?). Aside from being a standard "ultrahard" platformer--and boy is NG full of those--the controls are really hard to redeem.

League of Evil League of Evil

Good mechanics but finicky controls. The double jump fails often and in a game that demands precision platforming, key lockups are no good.

Spike: A Love Story Too Spike: A Love Story Too

Eh? What is the point of rebounding aside from score? The behaviors of the mascots is erratic, and some of them recover from rebounding much faster than others. The game needs more consistency in terms of how it works, what rules apply, how mascots behave etc. As it stands there is a lot of randomness in the mascot behavior that makes Survivalist mode half luck based depending on which patterns you get.

Space-ninja Space-ninja

Standard game. Number of design flaws though. Like the awkward wall jump and enemies shooting from offscreen. The latter part just makes getting the last medal a pain in the ass cuz you have to memorize all enemy placements.

Super Dangerous Dungeons Super Dangerous Dungeons

I see you took many of the criticisms on the first version to heart. Aside from the visual overhaul, the controls feel much tighter and I notice you've made timings less demanding in many cases (esp. bosses). The platforming feels more precise as well. No more touchy hitboxes and having to short-hop all the time. People who think this version is hard probably haven't played the first.

The only thing is I prefer the single screen format versus scrolling. 5/5

Shine Shine

Biggest complaint: why does the orb have some kind of weird curve interpolation? Hard enough without having to deal with the orb curving and cutting corners.

Dangerous Dungeons Dangerous Dungeons

Honestly I'd have to say this is a really overplayed niche on NG. "Another game with tiny platforms and insta-kill spikes everywhere whoop de doo". Tho, I understand this is a very old game of yours and your recent games are much better. Still fun. But I'm glad your game design skills have improved that you don't rely on the same "hard game" gimmicks anymore.

AdventureIslands responds:

This was my first game and when making it I thought "if I can get through this, so can anyone else". Turns out that is far from the truth. There days I try to keep my games difficulty reasonable.

Tower of Heaven Tower of Heaven

Quite nice, though I'd like to see something out of you that doesn't have such gimmick difficulty. It's easy to make a game hard, it's hard to make a game balanced.

Pause Ahead Pause Ahead

Good concept, poor execution. The levels are trial and error, at best, due to the imprecise nature of the controls. All in all, it just becomes a rather gimmicky, hard to control mess that could have been a really well put together puzzle platformer. And what's up with the boss? Game design faux pas to introduce a bunch of random new mechanics at the end of the game. 5/5 because I really appreciate the high production value, but IMO a total miss in terms of making the best use of the mechanics.